Thinking of selling your home? Before your house goes on the market, here a few things you may want to do to get ready.
- Declutter. It is very important to clean up your home and remove any clutter. This includes closet and storage space. If you have old mismatched furniture, you may consider removing it from the house. Put away personal photos, ornaments or collectibles. Keep your décor fairly neutral so it appeals to a greater audience. A good cleaning of carpets and window coverings is also important.
- Clean up the yard. Your front yard and porch are going to be a buyer’s first impression. Keep your yard tidy and out door lights working. Remove junk from the backyard and keep the lawn trimmed.
- Lights. Make sure all the lights in the house are working. You want the buyers to be able to see your beautiful house and all the work you did to declutter it!
- Staging. Having a professional take a look at your home and stage it according to local trends can be very beneficial and can help increase the value of your home.
- If you haven’t yet, this would be a good time to phone me.
- Upon our initial meeting, we will snap a few photos and take some measurements of your house. I will then take that information with me and do a market analysis of the houses in your area. This will help to find the ideal price range for your home.
- At our next visit I will discuss the analysis with you, we will decide on a price and a marketing strategy and get your house on the market!